Diva In The Kitchen: Recipe Recommendations

Once I finally had our new kitchen *mostly* organized, it was time to start cooking again.  I checked out some of my Rachel Ray magazines from last summer and pulled out a few of the weekly menus.  We chose the May 2008 menu.  It is such a great tool because it has the shopping list of what you need on it.  It helps save SO MUCH time.

It took a couple of weeks to make all the recipes because we had leftovers some days or went out to eat or I just didn't feel like cooking.  Last night I finally finished making the last of the 7 recipes and wanted to recommend the best ones to you.  All these recipes are from the May 2008 issue of Everyday with Rachael Ray and can be found on Rachael Ray magazine website.

Here are my top picks:



(With this recipe, I sauteed half an onion, a red bell pepper, and a good amount of garlic before adding the peas and such.  And then I also added a handful of crumbled bacon into the sauce.  I have a great idea for a Mexican version of this which I will share once I make it.)


(Serve over Jasmine rice. YUM!)


(The tuna I used seemed a bit fishy to me and I am not a fan of that too fishy flavor.  Next time I make this, I am gonna cook some chicken in pesto sauce and chop it up in chunks and add it to the pasta mix.  Those flavors will all go together very well.)






No comments