Diva In The Kitchen: Toasted Clubs with Dill Mayo

This recipe comes from the February/March 2010 issue of Taste of Home Healthy Cooking magazine.  I don't do a lot of sandwiches or burgers and wanted to find some really fresh, healthy options in that category.  These are so easy and SO good.  I love the added crunch of the alfalfa sprouts.  The colors are pretty together and the flavor is great!  Enjoy!

Toasted Clubs with Dill Mayo
2 servings

2 tablespoons fat-free mayo
1/4 teaspoon fresh dill weed, chopped
3/4 teaspoon lemon juice, divided
1/8 teaspoon pepper
4 slices of whole wheat bread, toasted
4 thin slices of deli roast beef
4 thin slices of deli ham
2 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese
2 Bibb lettuce leaves (I didn't put any lettuce in because I only had my herb lettuce for salad)
2 slices tomato
2 center-cut bacon strips, cooked and crumbled (I didn't crumble mine. I just broke them in half)
1/4 cup alfalfa sprouts
1/4 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced

In a small bowl, combine the mayo, dill, 1/4 tsp. lemon juice, and pepper; spread over toast.  Layer two slices of beef, ham, cheese, lettuce, tomato, bacon, and sprouts.

Drizzle avocado with remaining lemon juice; place over sprouts.  Top with remaining toast.  Secure with toothpicks if need be.

One sandwich is 328 calories!


No comments