Diva In The Kitchen: Fruity Lemonade Slush

I haven't been trying a lot of new recipes lately (hence the not posting any).  I do have a plethora of recipes to post about from my previous cooking adventures and will slowly get to those.  I obviously haven't been staying as up-to-date on the blog as I would love to be.  I am working to change that, my dahlings.

Last weekend was a fabulously warm one here,  so I broke out my recently acquired Lemonade slush recipe.  When we went grocery shopping, I bought a lot of lemons and limes in preparation for some tasty treats.  I juiced seventeen lemons and fourteen limes and, boy, did my hand hurt! lol  It came in handy though.  You won't have to do such laborious activities for this slush though.  And it is incredibly tasty!

*Picture and Recipe from The Frugal Girls

1/2 cup sugar**
1/2 cup lemon juice**
1/2 cup water**
2 cups ice cubes, divided
1/2 cup fresh strawberries
1/2 cup frozen sliced peaches

Place sugar, lemon juice, water, and 1 cup of ice cubes in blender.  Cover and blend on high until smooth.  Add remaining ice cubes and fruit.  Cover and blend using pulsing action until smooth.  Serve immediately.  Store leftovers in the freezer.  Makes 4 servings.

** In place of sugar. lemon juice, and water - you can use Country Time Lemonade Mix.  Use 1 cup of water plus enough mix for 1 quart of lemonade.

Keep cool this summer!!!

No comments