Diva In The Kitchen: Spaghetti Squash Lasagna

In honor of the new year, Mr. Diva and I decided to adopt a pescatarian diet.  I've had to define the word "pescatarian" to a few people.  If you don't know what that is, it is a vegetarian who eats fish.

I've been really excited about going pescatarian.  Not only do I feel like it will be a more healthy way of eating for us, but I feel like it is a way of eating that is closer to my beliefs in regards to my love of animals. 

Part of the excitement of starting this new food adventure is trying new recipes!  And man, I have had some good eats on this first week of vegetarian food.  I am so excited to share these finds with you.  I've pulled most of this week's recipes from the site Skinny Taste.  The site has a lot of low fat recipes and even has them sorted by Weight Watchers Points, types of meals (breakfast, dessert, freezer friendly, etc.), as well as holidays, vegan, and vegetarian selections.

This recipe was delicious!  I ended up making mini lasagnas for my in-laws.  They just came home from the hospital.  Because of my father-in-law's illness, he can't prepare or cook food right now; and my mother-in-law isn't the usual cook of the family.  So I made mini lasagnas for them to freeze and reheat when they want them.

Also, for this recipe, I added a layer of sauteed mushrooms, onions, and eggplant slices in between all the squash, sauce, and cheese layers.  It is really tasty.  I hope you all enjoy it as much as we did!!


From Skinny Taste - Follow above link for printer friendly directions

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups marinara sauce 
  •  3 cups cooked roasted spaghetti squash
  •  1 cup part skim ricotta
  •  8 tsp parmesan cheese
  •  6 oz part skim shredded mozzarella (I used Sargento)
Directions:

Preheat oven to 375°.

In four individual 5 x 7-inch oven safe baking dishes, ladle 1/4 cup quick marinara sauce on the bottom of each dish. Top each with 3/4 cup of cooked spaghetti squash and spread evenly. Top each with 1/4 cup ricotta.

Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of grated parmesan cheese and .75 oz mozzarella on each.  Add the remaining sauce, parmesan and mozzarella cheese. 




Here are my mini lasagnas:





I labeled each one with ingredients and reheating instructions:



No comments