Diva In The Kitchen: Cheesy Sourdough Loaf

Hello, dahlings!

I first had this bread years and years ago.  I think my mom might have been the one who found the recipe initially.  It was insanely awesome and so simple.  Years later I made it for my husband, who loved it as well.  It is so cheesy and buttery and the green onions add a great flavor to it.  It's just one of those yummy, comforting foods you have to have once in a while.

It isn't the healthiest tasty bread recipe on the block, so I forgot about it until I stumbled upon it again on Pinterest.

This is from The Girl Who Ate Everything's blog post on the bread.  I changed it just a bit.


 Cheesy Sourdough Loaf

Ingredients:

  • 1 unsliced loaf sourdough bread
  •  12-16 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, thinly sliced or shredded
  • 2 or so ounces of Gruyere, shredded
  • 10 tablespoons butter, melted
  •  1/2 cup finely diced green onion
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Slice the bread length-wise and across the width of it without cutting through the bottom crust. Mr. Diva had to hold the bread while I cut when I went across the width.  Be careful not to tear it too much.

Place on a foil-lined baking sheet.  Drizzle a couple tablespoons of melted butter in all the crevices.  Insert cheese between cuts.  Combine remaining butter with green onions.  Drizzle over bread.  Wrap in foil; place on the baking sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.

Unwrap the bread and bake 10 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.

And enjoy it!  It is great for a party, dinner party, to take to someone's house, etc.



 

No comments